CLIENT SUPPORT – Overnights
You have knowledge and interest in the programs and services offered by YW Calgary and want to positively impact those you support. You’re a problem solver and an advocate for single women who have experienced multiple barriers in sustaining housing. Your organizational skills and experience allows you to be calm under pressure, think critically and work from a thoughtful place. You get energy from being part of an environment where everyone does their best to support women as they build a sense of social inclusion and develop a sense of mastery over their lives.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You get fulfillment from celebrating small wins, staying positive knowing it will lead to change
- Working from a strengths based approach that addresses the whole person
- Leveraging and collaborating with your team to deliver the best program & services possible as every client deserves the best
- Promoting positive change by offering inclusive, non-judgmental, low barrier services for women
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work directly with women to provide emotional support and respond to crises.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the service delivery process: assess for client needs, safety concerns, crisis intervention, and safety planning.
- Support administrative functions like completing nightly occupancy stats.
- You also have the flexibility to be available on short notice.
- Successful completion of CPR, First Aid, Naloxone, and Non-Violent Crisis Training within first 90 Days.
- More than one position may be available.
- This position works 4 on 4 off, 10pm to 8am.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- Preferred: Diploma in related field and commitment to ongoing professional development
- Commitment to feminist, anti-oppressive, and trauma-sensitive principles and values
- Working knowledge of the Housing First and Harm Reduction framework
- Ability to build trusting, healthy, and functional professional relationships
- Familiarity with computers and associated software platforms (MS Outlook, Word, Excel)
If you want to work to change lives, we want to meet you.
Competition Number: 2020062
Deadline: October 21, 2020
Full job description here: 2020062 – Job Posting – Client Support- Overnights
Apply today with resume, covering letter and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org