You are knowledgeable and possess hands-on successful experience delivering clinical counselling services to individuals, children and families who are experiencing challenges in their lives and seeking support from the counselling services offered by our team. Working from a trauma sensitive, caring and accessible approach, your counselling strategies and guidance will aim to empower those impacted by domestic abuse and trauma.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- Supporting individuals in crisis through one on one counselling
- Mixing it up with facilitating group counselling once per week
- Empowering others and creating resilience with those you work with
- Being part of important community work and an awesome team and program known for leading edge
counselling work in the field of family violence
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide individualized, psychotherapeutic services to families and people of all ages impacted by adversity and trauma due to domestic violence and abuse.
- Provide crisis intervention and safety planning as well as skill development and education for parenting, including building safe and healthy relationships, mental health strategies and trauma management.
- Develop & evaluate treatment plans and therapeutic progress, maintain clinical records and reporting requirements.
- Support with community resource referrals, systems navigation and effectively initiate other actions when required.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology, Counselling, Social Work or related field required
- Registration with professional body required
- At least 4+ years’ experience with proven track records of three years in counselling working with individuals/ children and families who have experienced abuse and violence.
- Deep understanding of the impacts of abuse, violence and trauma & its intersection with mental health and traumatic stress
- Training & experience in treatment options such as CBT, DBT, Family Systems therapy, narrative therapy
- Great team orientation and collaboration skills
Read the complete job posting here: 2020067 – Posting – Clinical Counsellor
If you want to work to change lives, we want to meet you.
Competition Number: 2020067
Deadline: November 9, 2020
Apply today with resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to: email@example.com