Client Engagement Coordinator
You have knowledge and interest in the programs and services offered by YW Calgary and want to positively impact those you support. The Client Engagement Coordinator will provide support, referrals and advocacy for clients of YW Calgary’s Transitional Housing program. In collaboration with other staff, this role will work with clients and external community resources to provide opportunities for clients to transition and engage in community settings.
Client community engagement is a critical piece in supporting clients in developing community relationships and building life skills that aid in achieving permanent, stable housing. You’re a problem solver with organizational skills and experience that allows you to be calm under pressure, think critically and work from a thoughtful place.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You get fulfillment from celebrating small wins, staying positive knowing it will lead to change
- Leveraging and collaborating with all stakeholders to deliver the best program & services possible
- Promoting positive change by offering inclusive, non-judgmental, low barrier services for women
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Engage with clients from a strength-based and client centered approach.
- Work with clients and their support team to develop community engagement plans and activities.
- Engage with and develop relationships with community representatives.
- Promote program/services to all stakeholders in a meaningful and professional manner.
- Provide engagement opportunities for clients to participate according to their engagement plans.
- Contribute to and implement plans to engage stakeholders and volunteers to support client engagement with community.
- Coordinate scheduling and preparation of internal and external engagement opportunities.
- Complete plus maintain professional and accurate documentation.
- Complete administrative tasks as assigned.
- This is a full-time position on a 6 months term, with possibility of renewal. Occasional weekends and evening hours may be required
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience in Human Services or related field.
- Proficient in the use of computers and software including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, relationship building and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of issues specific to women experiencing homelessness including poverty, trauma, domestic violence, addictions and mental health.
- Knowledge of the “Housing First” philosophy and housing models.
- Competency working with diverse population (including cultural diversity, vulnerable and marginalized populations, different ages and abilities, poverty, lgbtq+, trauma, etc.).
- Commitment to empowering women through a strengths based approach.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Competition Number: 2020064
Deadline: October 30, 2020
Full job description here: 2020064 – Posting – Client Engagement Coordinator
Apply today with resume, covering letter and salary expectations to: email@example.com