Camrose Women’s Shelter Society operates a 22 bed facility that offers services in support of women and children requiring emergency shelter due to domestic violence, crisis situations or homelessness. We are currently recruiting for the following position:
SPECIALIZING IN DOMESTIC AND FAMILY VIOLENCE
This is a temporary contract position starting in September 2020 until March 31, 2021. Must be available on short notice as client turnaround can be quick.
We are seeking therapists with a Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy or relevant discipline. Must have a firm understand and knowledge of the impact of domestic and family violence and homelessness on women and children. The compassionate candidates will have training in trauma, addictions, and cultural diversity, and be comfortable working with clients on a short term basis. You will have the ability to consult and collaborate with shelter staff with multidisciplinary backgrounds. The successful candidates would ideally bring experience working in a variety of modalities effective in working individually with women and children or as a family unit. Salary – $100.00 per session.
- Active registration in good standing with a legislated professional regulatory body in Alberta, eligible for independent practice and to provide services in the province of Alberta
- Maintains current professional liability insurance
- Has 3-5 years’ experience working with women and children affected by the stress and trauma of domestic and family violence
- Comfortable working independently to provide compassionate service with a client-centered approach
- Excellent interpersonal, inter-professional teamwork skills and excellent oral and written communication
- Criminal record and child welfare check are required to start.
This posting will remain open until positions are filled.
Please forward applications to:
Mailing: Box 1405, Camrose, AB T4V 1X3
We thank all who apply; however, only those selected for consideration will be contacted.