St. Paul, Alberta
Capella Centre (St. Paul and District Crisis Association) is a non-profit society which provides a safe place where individuals and families can escape from domestic violence, abuse and family violence, and receive compassionate support and access to extensive programs. Capella Centre’s mission is to empower individuals and families to break the cycle of domestic violence, through safety, knowledge and respect.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Capella Centre staff, programs, and execution of its mission. This is a full time position, 40 hours per week, located in St. Paul, Alberta.
- Ensure ongoing program excellence, and consistent quality of finance and administration,
contract management, communications, and community partnerships;
- Regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively, communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents
- Lead, develop, and retain Capella Centre’s management team
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors
The Executive Director will be committed to Capella Centre’s vision & mission. The successful candidate should be self-directed and have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience.
Specific requirements include:
- University degree in Business or Management, with at least 5 years of senior management
experience, including human resources, financial accountability and project management;
- Understanding and commitment to research driven, family centered, strength-based service
provision and outcomes based program evaluation
- Successful experience with proposal writing and fundraising
- Experience in community partnerships as well as public and government relations
- Embraces diversity of cultural difference and beliefs
- Is resourceful, enthusiastic, motivated, energetic, and results orientated
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Has strong organizational, technical, and time management skills
- Current Criminal Record Check and Child Intervention Check
Capella Centre offers an enthusiastic team environment with a competitive compensation plan and comprehensive health benefit plan. The work environment has a strong focus on employee wellness and ongoing professional and personal development, with a commitment to staff celebration and recognition.
The salary range for this position is $85,000 – $95,000, dependent on qualifications and experience.
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org by November 13, 2020.
For more information: capellacentre.ca/womens-shelter-careers