- About ACWS
- Leading Change
- ACWS Training
- Shelter Login
ROWAN HOUSE IS HIRING
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR – FULL TIME POSITION
Rowan House Society is a charitable organization with a mission to provide crisis intervention, long-term support and education for those affected by family violence in rural communities. The Society’s core values are safety, trustworthiness, choice, collaboration and empowerment.
Rowan House currently operates an Emergency Shelter for Women and their children in High River, has programs and services offered throughout the region, and expects to open a second stage shelter in Okotoks for those affected by family violence in a nearby community within 24 months. The critical services we offer are in large part because of the support of communities in our region, our Board of Directors and volunteers, and essential funding from the provincial government and municipalities, and donations from individuals and organizations. Rowan House currently has 34 full and part time team members and is expected to grow as more programs and services are offered.
The ever-pressing need to provide more support to help end family violence in our communities has resulted in significant growth in our organization. We now require an Executive Director who will be responsible for all functions contributing to the achievement of the Society’s vision, mission and strategic goals through a trauma-informed service delivery model.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director must have:
• Proven leadership skills in a dynamic social enterprise serving those in crisis, including people leadership practises
• Fund development skills in identifying and developing new funding sources, organizing programs and setting achievable fund-raising targets
• Previous donor relations and fundraising experience (capital and operating)
• Demonstrated experience in the development of strategic plans and in the implementation of same, through staff
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Able to relate to clients, the community, staff and the Board and able to represent Rowan House with the media
• Understanding financial management in government funded not for profit organizations
• Knowledge of trauma informed practice
• Clear criminal record
• Financial, administrative and time management skills
Candidates should possess management experience in a private and/or not-for-profit organization. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills are essential to ensure successful performance in this role.
ROWAN HOUSE SOCIETY
Executive Director Page | 2 January 2019
• Available for full-time work, with evening and weekend responsibilities
• Master’s degree in related social work/psychology or equivalent education, with proven operations and business experience
• Current professional designation and membership required
• Candidates with management experience within the domestic violence, crisis intervention and shelter service sectors are preferred
• Strong ability to lead and influence a diverse team in the context of major change, while maintaining group cohesiveness, motivation, commitment and excellent service
• Experience developing and ensuring compliance of policy and procedures
• Proven ability in developing, managing and evaluating programs and services
• Ability to manage complex security and safety issues
• Understand grant writing
• ASIST Suicide Training an asset
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required
Qualified applicants will be interviewed until the position is filled. Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Rowan House Society shall respect the privacy and confidentiality of all personal information provided.
Interested applicants can submit their applications to Michelle Thomson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please no phone calls.
Calgary and Area
Monday, March 25, 2019