How Domestic Violence Can Affect You At Work:
Domestic violence doesn't stop when you leave for work. It can follow you into work, or continue there if your abuser works in the same organization or knows where you work.
The effects of domestic violence in the workplace can include:
- Reduced employee productivity;
- Increased absenteeism;
- Replacement, recruitment and training costs when victims are injured or dismissed for poor performance;
- Higher company health expenses;
- Decreased employee morale;
- Strained relations among co-workers;
- Potential harm to employees, co-workers and/or customers when violent abusers enter the workplace; and
- Liability costs if someone at the workplace is harmed.