- About ACWS
- Contact Us
- Our Events
See you on Tuesday, Novemeber 8, 2016 in Edmonton (Calgary date coming soon). Thank you for supporting us!
Breakfasts bring male leaders together from business, sport, industry, government, culture and social service to inform and inspire action to help end domestic violence.
Men are uniquely equipped to make positive change for women and girls living with abuse because men:
- can be positive role models for other men and for young men;
- hold key positions in the community can help build a momentum for change; and
- fill roles as fathers, grandfathers, uncles and sons allowing them to influence other males in their family.
Domestic violence is not, “a woman’s issue.” It is a human issue. Each event explores a different aspect of domestic violence including the root causes, and moves attendees to do something about it.
“Today's event is one example of the incredible changes you are bringing to our province.”
- Premier Ed Stelmach - Breakfast With the Guys, Calgary, 2008
“Approach gender violence as a MEN'S issue involving men of all ages and socioeconomic, racial and ethnic backgrounds. View men not only as perpetrators or possible offenders, but as empowered bystanders who can confront abusive peers.”
- Jackson Katz, Ph.D. Co-Founder, Mentors in Violence Prevention
There are currently no upcoming events.