- About ACWS
- Our Events
- Contact Us
The Alberta Council of Women's Shelters (ACWS) will hold its annual Breakfast with the Guys on November 22, 2017 at the Chateau Lacombe in Edmonton.
Every year, ACWS sits down with male leaders over breakfast to talk about how we can work together to end violence against women.
The issues of violence and abuse are the responsibilities of our entire community, so we're engaging the good guys to be leaders for change.
Together we can create a safe future for our daughters, partners, mothers and friends.
See you on Tuesday, Novemeber 22, 2017 in Edmonton (Calgary date coming soon). Thank you for supporting us!
Breakfasts bring male leaders together from business, sport, industry, government, culture and social service to inform and inspire action to help end domestic violence.
Men are uniquely equipped to make positive change for women and girls living with abuse because men:
- can be positive role models for other men and for young men;
- hold key positions in the community can help build a momentum for change; and
- fill roles as fathers, grandfathers, uncles and sons allowing them to influence other males in their family.
Domestic violence is not, “a woman’s issue.” It is a human issue. Each event explores a different aspect of domestic violence including the root causes, and moves attendees to do something about it.
2016 sponsorship packages
“Today's event is one example of the incredible changes you are bringing to our province.”
- Premier Ed Stelmach - Breakfast With the Guys, Calgary, 2008
“Approach gender violence as a MEN'S issue involving men of all ages and socioeconomic, racial and ethnic backgrounds. View men not only as perpetrators or possible offenders, but as empowered bystanders who can confront abusive peers.”
- Jackson Katz, Ph.D. Co-Founder, Mentors in Violence Prevention