- About ACWS
- Leading Change
- Frontline Training
- Shelter Login
Research, Evaluation and Member Support Coordinator
Key strategies in guiding ACWS’ efforts to support member shelters and end domestic violence is to conduct action-based research, evaluation and build capacity in member organizations and in the community. This position plays a lead role in building and sustaining the capacity of ACWS, its members and the collective This may be through promoting membership, supporting member organizations with helpdesk and data collection and management, evaluating member programs and building capacity in the member organizations and communities or collective. Specifically, this includes database use and development, data collection, outcome measures, evaluation and research along with associated reporting. Additionally, this position also supports the implementation of ACWS internal evaluation plans.
Duties and responsibilities
Support Member Organizations
- Support and encourage member data collection to inform policy and practice
- Support the development of training for shelter directors in hiring and monitoring staff in data collection and entry, data analysis and reporting roles;
- Ensure members are assisted in use of a common data base;
- Update and renew the information-sharing agreement with member shelters;
- Provide consultative support surrounding data collection, data use, and data sharing practices;
- Ensure the shared database evolves to meet members’ changing needs;
- Review the common database (commitment to review each 3-5 years) and testing the marketplace to ensure members’ and ACWS’ needs are met.
- Capacity Building and Evaluation Planning
- support quality assurance processes through the design of evaluation plans and assist members to implement these plans.
- Ensure members are assisted to achieve data accuracy and fidelity and identify their training needs with regards to data fidelity and research projects;
- Assist members to develop outcome measures and support their reporting and training needs;
- Monitor and respond to opportunities for ACWS fee for service work with members to support their use of data to inform shelter practice.
Development and Implementation of ACWS Evaluation Plans and Supporting ACWS Goals:
- Program evaluation plans with associated outcome measures and reporting needs including the overall agency evaluation plan
- Conduct member surveys
- Support strategic HR & IT decisions;
- Support creation of a database platform to accommodate ACWS generated data by portfolios, provide support to portfolio leads and the Director of Programs;
- Lead the development of a data management strategy, including data management, analysis and quality assurance
- Coordinate provision of data analysis to support the development of key messages regarding emerging domestic violence issues and opportunities to raise the profile of ACWS and its members
- Assess opportunities to address the recommendations from the Truth & Reconciliation Commission (TRC), and lead planning and development of data collection, analysis and reporting as appropriate;
- Provide support to ACWS standing committees as assigned;
- Coordinate ACWS research projects related to development of project design, project parameters, evaluation plan, and project implementation as assigned by the Director Programs.
- Prior experience in program evaluation design and implementation
- Consistently applies a high standard of practice including attending to privacy legislation, and applying OCAP principles in the implementation of action-based research
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Gathers, synthesizes, integrates, and interprets multi-faceted information from a wide range of sources and perspectives
- Ability to conceptualize and project future impact of decisions surrounding legislation, policies, and research
- Knowledgeable in the use of computers and computer software
- Experience in the development of briefs and public policy review
- Excellent project management, verbal and writing skills
- Actively contributes to the wellbeing of the ACWS organization
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships
- Positively influences and resolves conflict, and builds consensus through facilitation, negotiation and mediation.
- A Masters-Level degree in research, evaluation or a related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a management role
- Experience with outcome-based data collection software
- Strong relationship building and analytical skills
The preferred candidate will:
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, SPSS and related evaluation software
- Have strong knowledge of privacy legislation
- Have knowledge OCAP principles and be able to apply them to ACWS action-based research
- Hold a valid driver’s license and be willing and able to travel throughout Alberta
- Value the mission of ACWS
- Value contributing to the organization’s well-being
Research Evaluation and Member Support Coordinator will work primarily from the ACWS offices. ACWS has a 7.5 hour workday Monday to Friday, during regular office hours (8:30 - 4:30).
This position requires spending significant periods of time working at a computer and in meetings. Some travel throughout the province is required.
This position has one direct report.
Research, Evaluation and Member Support Coordinator; Alberta Council of Women’s Shelters. (ACWS)
Competition opens: January 16, 2020
Closes: open until filled
Send cover letter and resume to: ACWSoffice@acws.ca